Once again, you get a chance to explore your innate creative spirit with some of our best oil-based airless paint sprayers. These ones not only come as a marvelous exploration but also as money-saving gadgets.
Each paint sprayer provides your equipment with a fine finish that gives you value for every buck you spend. If that is not enough, you should know they are fast drying as well as eco-friendly, did I mention they offer incredible ease while working on any project?
What’s more, you will notice as you read further that some paint sprayers are designed for large projects while others give finer details and hence are more suitable for smaller projects, or just finer details in large projects.
Paint sprayers having variant compositions are also well-equipped with varying solvents. A paint sprayer could be the air-dependent type, HVLP, or an airless paint sprayer. In this review, we major on what works for oil-based paint.
We dig into the conditions that enhance it as an airless spray painter. If you have used it before, you might have come across a set of hydraulic electrical pumps, buckets, hoses, and the airless spray gun.
If you are a first-timer, no need to worry because we will be informative, clear, and sensitive to your preferences so you make an informed decision before buying one.
6 Best Airless Paint Sprayer for Oil-Based Paint
1. Graco Magnum 262800 x5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer, Blue Review
Some people just appreciate the natural appeal of the woodwork. A good piece screams cordiality making you feel at home. Add a touch of vintage to your fence and gate by employing wood for its knot designs.
Mentioned are just the perks, there is a downside to it too. The wood material is prone to warping under prolonged exposure to sun and rain. That is why it is recommended that you protect the outer layer by covering it with a protective coating.
This is where Graco Magnum X5 comes in. A middle range in the Graco Series inclusive of TrueCoat 360VSP and Graco x7. The perfect go-to for painting large projects. Capable paint sprayer for both professionals and amateurs alike.
Includes SG2 Metal Spray Gun for covering larger painting projects. It has a firm trigger as the piston works with tip sizes up to 0.015-inches.
The flexible suction intake tube works with 1 Gallon and 5 Gallon containers so there will be no need to refill frequently.
You can even go as far as to paint unthinned paint at high pressure because of the stainless steel that delivers high-pressure power for this purpose.
- Appropriate for medium to large household projects.
- Compact ground standing pump.
- Lightweight SG2 gun.
- 25-foot hose.
- 0.5 horsepower output.
- Easy to clean with flush capability.
- The suction hose eliminates filling.
- Suitable for use with unthinned paints and stains.
- Lightweight for a floor-standing turbine.
- Significant vibration on high-pressure setting-liable to ‘walk’.
- 125 Gallons per year recommended usage will be insufficient for tradespersons.
- No integrated storage for guns, tips, or mains cord.
- Product Dimensions – 14.5 x 12.75 x 19 inches
- Warranty Description – One Year Warranty against manufacturer defect
2. Titan ControlMax 1900 Pro High-Efficiency Airless Sprayer Review
So are you feeling half-baked in the face of a professional’s spray painting job? If your answer is yes, then Titan ControlMax is definitely the deal for you.
It applies coatings 3x faster than a roller or the conventional brush. What’s more, it is applicable to both exterior and interior surfaces
When we say Titan ControlMax gives you more control, we mean it. In it, we are talking of a 50ft. hose that extends to 100 ft. for longer reach, or just easy maneuverability.
It has a High-Efficiency Airless system technology that reduces by up to 55% overspray which could otherwise cause unevenness of the paints’ finish for a more consistent finish. A softer spray is produced; a soft spray is consistent and ensures an even finish all the time.
As soon as you are done painting store the tips and tools in the integrated storage. This is a maintenance measure to support the longevity of this equipment.
- Manufacturer – Titan Tool
- Part Number – 0580008
- Item Weight – 37 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 50 x 17 x 32 inches
- Size – control max 1900 w/cart
- Hose length – 50 feet
- Covers huge projects over a short time.
- Suitable for unthinned paint.
- Quick and easy to operate.
- An additional cost of the mineral spirit.
- Hassle during clean-up.
3. Graco Magnum x7 Electric TrueAirless Sprayer
If you are looking to cover large home projects within a conveniently low amount of time, go for a carted paint sprayer. Lucky for you, the incredible Graco Magnum x7 model falls in this category.
Graco Magnum x7 siphons directly from a 1 or 5-Gallon bucket. Its chief motor is a 0.625 horsepower pump that sprays up to 125 Gallons of paint annually.
The Graco Magnum x7 is compatible with a 0.017 tip. It is a RAC IV Switch Tip that is reversible to prevent clogging. RAC IV Switch Tips are high-performance and also quick and easy to change.
Fitted with a TrueAirless Spray Tip and backed by the SoftSpray Technology, Graco Magnum x7 provides greater control and thus less overspray.
Sprays unthinned paint at high pressure. Graco Magnum X7 owes this feature to the Stainless Steel Piston Pump. It can be used for up to 1 year which rounds up to 125 Gallons on average.
As easy as it is to use, so is it a joy to clean. It has a PowerFlush Adapter that connects to a garden hose and guarantees fast and easy cleaning. If it is fast and easy, then it is automatically a time saver.
- Manufacturer – Graco
- Part Number – 262805
- Item Weight – 26 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 19 x 15 x 37 inches
- Warranty Description – One Year Warranty against manufacturer defect
- Covers large projects quickly.
- Quick and easy operation.
- The Clean-up process is tedious.
4. Wagner Spraytech 0525027 Power Painter Airless Paint Sprayer Spray Gun
Wagner Spraytech is a plastic model used for both painting and staining. This airless paint sprayer is suitable for indoor, outdoor, and small to medium projects. It operates at a pressure of 2200 psi and has a flow rate of 6.6 GPM.
Unlike most traditional models, it has two tips, the Optimus Dual Tip which helps achieve better coverage, less overspray, and a wider core pattern. That means you will have fewer passes while spraying and eventually a good finish.
Also has a spare atomizer valve. *Has a flexible tube that allows for spraying in any direction. Sprays thin to thick paints this is inclusive of unthinned latex.
It also has The EZ Tilt Suction Tube which stays in the paint even if you turn the gun sideways, up or down. Thus allowing you to spray at any angle due to its remarkable mobility and versatility.
The gauge that comes with this model prevents spitting, which makes your finish look evenly and excellent.
On the bottom, there is a Sure Flow Valve that helps to retain the paint inside the pump and Flex Tube. This feature lets you continue painting just like before you refilled, you do not need to reprime.
- Manufacturer – Wagner Spraytech Corp
- Brand Name – Wagner Spray Tech
- Sub Brand – Power Painter Plus
- Item Weight – 0.16 ounces
- Product Dimensions – 11 x 11.5 x 6.5 inches
- Product Type – Paint Sprayer
- 1-year warranty on non-wear parts and labor from the date of purchase.
- Can be used with stains, sealers, oil, and latex-based paints.
- Features of EZ suction tube.
- Comes with the Optimus Dual Tip.
- Not suitable for full-sized projects.
- Loud while using.
5. HomeRight Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless Piston Paint Sprayer Review
HomeRight Power-Flo Pro is the perfect choice for that large project you plan to work on. It is a multi-color, chrome-plated, heavy-duty spray gun that is powered by a 0.5-horsepower motor.
This paint sprayer operates at 2800 psi for a perfect and even finish. It has a flow rate of 0.24GPM and you can customize the paint flow with its pressure control knob to your desire.
It is significant that you know it can be used with oil-based unthinned paint, sealers, and stains. HomeRight Airless Sprayer siphons paint from a 1 or 5 Gallon paint can.
With its 25ft. airless spray hose your spray painter can reach higher surfaces for efficient spray painting. It is quick and easy to use, and quite efficient for DIYers and professionals alike.
It is portable. It is well-equipped with a top carry handle that makes maneuverability easy. After you are done using it, you can clean it by running mineral solvent through the sprayer as a proper maintenance measure.
At 2800 psi operating pressure, HomeRight Airless Paint Sprayer beats conventional rollers and brushes by far. Its package is also inclusive of replacement parts as well as an operating manual. What’s more, it is backed by a two-year warranty.
- Manufacturer – HomeRight
- Item Weight – 15 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 6 x 5 x 5 inches
- Color – Multi-color
- Material – Chrome-plated
- It is a heavy-duty sprayer that applies an even coating to uneven surfaces.
- Suitable for a variety of projects.
- Cost-effective with amazing results.
- Better option compared to the traditional roller or paintbrush.
- Takes longer to clean up the spray gun.
6. GoPlus 3000 psi Airless Paint Sprayer
Go plus in your painting game with GoPlus Airless Paint Sprayer. An affordable investment for your home luxury. A high-efficiency, professional-grade product that works with both oil-based and latex paint to transform practically any surface.
At an operating pressure of 3000 psi, it is a high-pressure paint sprayer. It sprays at a high speed thus saves on time and messes.
Effortlessly reach higher surfaces, crevices, and corners with its 25ft. long non-kink hose. Better coverage. This model is fitted with an adjustable nozzle that gives you room to select the best pressure to work with for any project.
Its built-in carrier handle provides an ergonomic grip firm enough to prevent accidents. Thanks to its lightweight design, it allows for easy maneuverability as you use it while you paint
- Manufacturer – SuperBuy
- Package Dimensions – 50.8 x 33.02 x 33.02 cm
- Item Weight – 10.43 kilograms
- It is an efficient paint sprayer.
- Has fully adjustable pressure.
- Lightweight hence easy to carry around.
- You are likely to experience overspray.
How did we conclusively arrive at the above-mentioned products? We simply read customer reviews of highly rated paint sprayers. We asked our very own testers to analyze the most important features, then we condensed them to the following aspects:
- Pressure – your machine power is directly proportional to your paint sprayer’s speed. To quickly complete a spray painting task, go for a higher psi paint sprayer. For smaller jobs, however, a low-pressure paint sprayer is the best choice.
- Hose Length – the longer your hose length is the more convenient it will be to access hard-to-reach spots.
- Tips – they influence the width and speed of the spray. Go for a larger tip if you want a thick coating and a smaller tip if you want a thinner coating.